Who May Apply For A Library Card?
At least one of the following requirements needs to be met to apply for a library card with Camden County Library District (CCLD):
- A resident of Camden County
- A non-resident who pays property tax within the county
- A resident who resides in a county surrounding Camden County (e.g., Benton, Dallas, Hickory, Laclede, Miller, Morgan, or Pulaski counties).
- Temporary summer residents with a hotel/motel/general delivery address or are living with relatives
- may purchase a library card good for one (1) year. The fee for a library card is $30 and allows the user the same privileges as residents.
- Individuals who reside at a homeless shelter or safe house may have a free temporary card, allowing access to our public computers and up to three (3) items at checkout.
When will I get my library card?
Library cards are issued when the application is filled out at any of our library branches.
What do I need to apply for a library card?
To get a library card, applicants need to supply a complete and accurate application. The application must include your current mailing address, phone number (if the applicant has a phone), and birth date.
You will need to bring in your photo i.d. (e.g., state i.d. or driver’s license) with your current address. If your photo i.d. does not have your mailing/physical address, you will need proof of the mailing/physical address. This proof may be in the form of a utility bill, tax receipt, or a lease/rental agreement.
Once you have an account with us, if your mailing address, phone number, or email address changes, please let us know to keep your account up to date.
How many items can I check out?
Patrons who have an account in good standing (i.e., no fines due to lost or damaged items) may check out the following items on their account:
- Unlimited check out for books
- Unlimited check out for DVDs
- 5 audiobooks
- 5 specialty items
- 5 video game discs or cartridges
What happens if my card is lost, stolen, or damaged?
If your library card is lost, stolen, or damaged, please let us know immediately so that we may delete it from your account.
The cost to replace a lost, stolen, or damaged library card is $.50.